|Minnesota Timberwolves||Karl-Anthony Towns
PF | Kentucky
|Los Angeles Lakers||D'Angelo Russell
SG | Ohio State
|Philadelphia 76ers||Kristaps Porzingis
PF | Latvia
|New York Knicks||Jahlil Okafor
C | Duke
|Orlando Magic||Justise Winslow
SF | Duke
|Sacramento Kings||Mario Hezonja
SG | Croatia
|Denver Nuggets||Emmanuel Mudiay
PG | China
|Detroit Pistons||Devin Booker
SG | Kentucky
|Charlotte Hornets||Willie Cauley-Stein
C | Kentucky
|Miami Heat||Stanley Johnson
SF | Arizona
|Indiana Pacers||Myles Turner
C | Texas
|Utah Jazz||Frank Kaminsky
C | Wisconsin
|Phoenix Suns||Kelly Oubre Jr.
SF | Kansas
|Oklahoma City Thunder||Cameron Payne
PG | Murray State
|Atlanta Hawks (from Brooklyn)||Kevon Looney
PF | UCLA
|Boston Celtics||Bobby Portis
PF | Arkansas
|Milwaukee Bucks||Trey Lyles
PF | Kentucky
|Houston Rockets (from New Orleans)||Jerian Grant
PG | Notre Dame
|Washington Wizards||Sam Dekker
SF | Wisconsin
|Toronto Raptors||R.J. Hunter
SG | Georgia State
|Dallas Mavericks||Tyus Jones
PG | Duke
|Chicago Bulls||Delon Wright
PG | Utah
|Portland Trail Blazers||Justin Anderson
SF | Virginia
|Cleveland Cavaliers||Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
SF | Arizona
|Memphis Grizzlies||Montrezl Harrell
PF-C | Louisville
|San Antonio Spurs||Jarell Martin SF | LSU|
|Los Angeles Lakers (from Houston)||Cliff Alexander
PF | Kansas
|Boston Celtics (from L.A. Clippers)||Rashad Vaughn
SG | UNLV
|Brooklyn Nets (from Atlanta)||Robert Upshaw
C | Washington
|Golden State Warriors||Anthony Brown SF | Stanford|
- Since I posted my first mock draft, Towns has become the near-consensus #1 pick. It looks like he’s headed to Minnesota.
- The second pick is where things get really interesting. Many mocks have Okafor going #2, but with what the Lakers need right now, Russell may be the guy. He has the potential to become a big-time superstar in the league, and maybe even (dare I say it?) a Kobe successor. Letting him develop under Kobe for at least a year could be huge.
- Who knows what the Sixers are doing, but an eventual lineup of Embiid, Noel, and Porzingis makes for a very, very tall team.
- That means that Okafor is available for the Knicks. Congrats New York, you just got a steal.
- Winslow could end up being the best player in the draft and he fits a big need for Orlando.
- Cauley-Stein at 10 is a no-brainer for the Hornets, especially with the advanced age of Jefferson and the lack of talent waiting in the wings.
- Kaminsky to the Jazz is something I want to see as much as a fan of the game as actual Utah fans should. Gobert can make up for any defensive deficiencies and Kaminsky’s offensive game could push one of 2015’s best second half teams into a playoff team.
- The Rockets really need a point guard, and there’s any of three or four guys they could take. With the way I have the rest of this draft falling, Grant is the best available.
- Paul Pierce’s future in Washington is up in the air, and Dekker at 19 could be a huge steal.
- If the Lakers do go with Russell at #2, they still need to get some depth at big man. Alexander isn’t necessarily ready to be a big difference maker from day one, but with time could develop into a valuable rotation player.